Pao-chen Tang graduated in Spring 2020 with a joint-degree from the Departments of Cinema and Media Studies and East Asian Languages and Civilizations. His research focuses on those moments on screen when the human and the nonhuman encounter and interact.
- Dissertation: “The Animist Imagination of Cinema”
- Current Position: Lecturer (equiv. to Assistant Professor) of Chinese Cultural Studies at the University of Manchester.
- The Family in East Asian Cinema, Lecturer - Spring 2020
- Introduction to Film, Lecturer - Spring 2019
- Intermediate Modern Chinese, Lecturer - Winter 2018
- Film and the Moving Image, CA - Spring 2018
- History of International Cinema, Part II: Sound to 1960, CA - Winter 2018
- Art of East: China, CA - Winter 2017
- Elementary Modern Chinese, CA - Autumn 2017
- Introduction to Film, CA - Autumn 2016