Pedro Noel Doreste Rodríguez is a doctoral candidate in Cinema and Media Studies at the University of Chicago. His research surveys transnational cinemas in and of Latin America, with a particular focus on Cuba, Puerto Rico, and other minor cinemas of the Caribbean. He is also interested in media archaeology, alternative epistemologies of reception, archival studies, and the intersections of cultural production and/under coloniality in its many configurations. His work has been published in Reception and Atenea. He loves his dogs.
- Cinemas of the Caribbean, Lecturer - Winter 2022
- Film and the Moving Image, Lecturer - Spring 2021
- History of International Cinema, Part III: 1960 - Present, CA - Spring 2020
- Experimental Captures, CA - Winter 2020
- Film and the Moving Image, CA - Autumn 2018